COVID-19 Policy/Procedures Update, 6/15/20
Now that we’ve been open for a month we wanted to give you an update. We opened cautiously with a very limited schedule that allowed us to fine-tune our safety and cleaning protocols.
- New schedule: Monday – Saturday with two doctors in the office. Appointments are staggered to reduce the number of total people in the office at any given time.
- Glasses selection: We not allowing patients to pull frames off the board to better control sanitation. Our opticians know our frame boards by heart and will curate a selection for you based on your requests, face shape and previous style history. Any frame tried on by a patient is then fully washed and sanitized before going back on the board.
- Online Frame Gallery: A few days before your appointment, please take a look at our virtual gallery and send in a few of your favorites. We may not have a particular frame in stock, but we can always order it if nothing in the office fits your needs. It also gives our opticians a sense of what style you’re looking for and allows them to make better recommendations for you!
- Exam Room Restrictions: We continue to limit the number of people in the exam room to the patient and the doctor. We will make exceptions for emergency cases involving a child, handicapped or those requiring a translator. Any other “guests” will not be allowed into the exam room for the safety of our doctors and staff.
- Contact Lens Trainings: We hope to open up contact lens training in the coming weeks, but still need to figure out the logistics to reduce the face to face time with our technician in a closed space…stay tuned!
Fremont Optometric Group